Instagram has become quite the contender in the social media arena. That’s largely due to Facebook. After the purchase by Facebook, Instagram garnered so many eyes on their website that it propelled them into something much bigger through the addition of videos and advertisements. Now is the time for your business to make its presence known using Instagram.
Instagram is the place to upload photos that connect, engage, touch and stay memorable with their increasing Instagram followers. For businesses this is an opportunity to show users a different side of the company. Communicating on Instagram is all about pleasing the eye with color, basic words and bold strategies. With over 150 million users, there’s plenty of opportunity to go around.
Possible ideas for growing your business using videos are:
- Highlighting your latest innovation
- Getting to know the newest recruit
- Teaching tutorials
- Q&A sessions
- Product/service/movie reviews
- Explaining your latest offering
- A day in the life of….
Possible ideas for photos are:
- Your newest product/service
- The company behind the scenes
- Charity work
- Company events
- Photo contests
- A day in the life of….
Turning a photo, video or ad into something profitable is going to take some work. It’s more than just placing photos and moving on. It’s about being strategic with your postings. Being strategic with Instagram begins with these tips:
- Make every photo or video authentic.
- Post on a schedule.
- Make advertisements more visual than wordy.
- Use hashtags to label photos and videos. Similar photos and videos must use the same hashtag.
- Make Hashtags completely yours by using words or phrases that describe them. Make sure that words or phrases are used with other photos and videos. Every time someone sees that hashtag it will be connected to the company.
- Spread Instagram links on your website, on your blog and on other social media accounts.
- With business cards, email newsletters and offline marketing, make sure the Instagram link connects to the message conveyed.
Building your business with Instagram isn’t a one-time solution. Postings must be consistent for you to see results. When your Instagram strategy is up and running, all you’ll need to do is maintain it. Photos and videos are shared with other users, and this promotes your business using visual word of mouth. Over time, your company will build relationships with Instagram users and everyone wins. For more information on developing a social media promotion strategy, contact us.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to check out these others:
4 Tips for Accelerating Retail Sales Using Social Media
Combining Blogging and Social Media into a Truly Effective Strategy
7 Steps for Getting on Board With Social Media
5 Ways You Can Benefit By Using LinkedIn
How To Amp Up Your Visibility With Facebook
4 Essential Tips for Growing Your Business with Pinterest
3 Tips for Social Media Marketing Brilliance
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?