According to the American Marketing Association Dictionary: Business branding “is a customer experience represented by a collection of images and ideas; often, it refers to a symbol such as a name, logo, slogan, and design scheme.
So, why should you care about business branding?
Just as certain universal symbols elicit quick recognition of an instruction or message, branding brings instant recognition of a particular product or company. Consider the yellow signs we all see from time to time with a stick figure walking. As you know, this means “pedestrian crossing.” And everyone knows that a red circle with a diagonal red line drawn through it means “no”. Just as there are internationally recognized symbols, there are internationally recognized brands. No matter where you are in the world you will instantly recognize the Coca-Cola logo and the brand it represents.
In the business and advertising world, recognition can mean the difference between a sale or a missed opportunity and branding is at the top of the list of importance. Consider the following:
- Branding and recognition are no longer optional, they are mandatory for recognition in today’s business world.
- Branding is essentially giving your company or business a unique identity that sets it apart from other businesses in your field.
- Just like fingerprints, a company brand says that your business is one of a kind.
- There are several key advantages to establishing a brand for your company:
- Sets you apart from other similar businesses
- Instantly identifies your company and the unique approach(es) you have in your field
- Elevates your company in the minds of consumers
- Gives your company easy recognition among a group of other companies
- Gives your company “ownership” of a segment of your service market
- Aligns your company to receive preferential treatment from advertisers
- Increases sales through name recognition
- Creates opportunities to network and grow your company
As you might guess, creating a memorable brand is critical to helping you establish your company, product, or service. The strong points of your business should be the foundation upon which your brand is built, and the unique service(s) or business approach that you provide should become the core of your company brand:
- Setting your company apart from the field can help place your business uppermost in consumers’ minds when they seek the service(s) or good(s) that your company provides.
- Branding is essential for business growth in the 21st century. Without it your company is just another among many.
- Since this is the computer age, establishing a website with an easily remembered site name is a must. Securing an appropriate URL is the key to marking your territory in your particular market.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to check out these others:
3 Reasons to Complete (or Update) Your LinkedIn Profile NOW!
How To Amp Up Your Visibility With Facebook
A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Sales: Using Pinterest for Business
Why Should You Care About Starting A Blog?
Email Marketing: How to Keep Your Messages Out of Your Customer’s Spam Box
Combining Blogging and Social Media into a Truly Effective Strategy
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?