When you ask for advice on growing your business, people normally tell you to focus on your keeping your clients happy, so that they keep coming back. The bottom line? It’s easier to maintain good customer relationships than to find new clients.
So, how can you build better customer relationships? You should always treat clients how you would like to be treated by doing the following:
- Greet customers by name if you know their name. If they are new, introduce yourself. Be sure to learn a little about them so that you can talk to them when they come back next time.
- Ask them how their day is going. If it is not going well, is there a way that you can make it better? Do they just need someone to vent to? Do you have time to listen to them talk?
- If you are busy with another customer, be sure to at least smile at customers when they walk in the door. You want them to feel welcome when they walk in.
- Make sure that your customers are pleased when they leave. Did they find everything that they needed? Was there something that they were looking for that you didn’t have? Is it something that you should think about getting?
- Reward loyal customers. Have a loyalty program, no matter how small your business is. You can offer a certain discount or just a small token of appreciation. You should also reward customers who recommend you to others. Word-of-mouth is a good way of getting new customers.
As a successful business owner, you should focus on customer relationships. You want to keep people coming back and also telling others about you. To do this, you need to focus on your customers. Greet them by name (or at least with a smile). Spend time talking to them. Listen to them if they need to vent. Make sure that they found what they need. You should also make sure that you always reward loyal customers. Treat them well and they will do the same for you!
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to check out these others:
Don’t Think Sales. Think Service.
How to Use Social Media For Marketing
Rotten Reviews on Yelp? Here’s How to Fix Themg
Three Reasons You Should Be Using Email Marketing
Blogging: The Google Way to Succeed
5 Simple Ways To Improve Word-Of-Mouth About Your Business
15 Website Mistakes You Should Avoid (Part 1)
Is There Still Gold in Cold Calling?
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?