You’ve probably been told that having a website is essential to growing your business. Does your business really need a website, or is it still possible for your company to flourish without one?
The answer to that question depends on a number of factors. Here are some things you should think about in order to help you decide.
Reasons You Should Have a Website
Even though your business may be relatively small, there are still plenty of good reasons to consider having a website, a few of these are:
- By and large, the Internet has replaced phone books as the primary resource for business information.
- If prospects and customers can’t find you on the Internet, they won’t likely know your company exists.
- Your competitors most likely have websites. If you don’t, consumers will be contacting them instead of you.
- Reviewing your website is something most consumers will do before choosing between you and your competition.
- The Internet is often the first place people turn to when looking for contact information.
- Having a website ensures consumers are able to find your company quickly and easily.
- The Internet is always awake, making your business visible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Reasons Why You Might Decide NOT to Have a Website
While the above points are clearly positive benefits, you may NOT need a website if:
- You already have more business than you can handle. (Should business activity inevitably drop off, however, a website is a good way to help prevent a business slow-down.)
- Your website is shoddy or unprofessional. It’s obviously better not to have a website than to have a shoddy one that doesn’t appropriately represent your company in the marketplace.
- Your page is messy, has broken links, or poorly written content. If this is the case, people will question the quality of work you perform, and are more likely to take their business elsewhere anyway.
Should you decide that you need a website for your business, we would be happy to help you create one that not only will reflect your brand and help draw new customers in, but will also resize automatically to fit smartphones and tablet devices. To find out more about our website starter package, please contact us for an estimate.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out these others:
5 Tools for Blogging on the Go
Business Card Etiquette for Young Professionals
4 Tips for Entrepreneurs Looking to Grow Business
3 Ways to use LinkedIn Groups to Grow Your Professional Network
Greeting Cards: Are They a Thing of The Past?
How To Amp Up Your Visibility With Facebook
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Do you need help growing your business? Click here to check out the social media marketing and website design packages from The Sherwood Group. We’ll help you capture new business and achieve your goals.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?