Do-it-yourself websites often look amateurish as most of us know. You only have a few seconds when someone lands on your site to make a great first impression. And, when it comes to do-it-yourself websites, visitors most often think “amateur, amateur, amateur.”
A professional webmaster is called a professional for one reason
A professional webmaster makes your site look great as well as function well. There are two aspects to the website. One is the front end that your customer sees, and the other is back end of the website where you can make changes, additions or edits. And, this is what’s important about each:
- The front end must successfully position you visually and/or crush your competition on the web.
- The back end makes it easy for your to make your own changes, additions or edits, so you don’t have to contact your webmaster every time you want a change.
Here is what a professional webmaster does that do-it-yourself websites cannot.
- Coding – the webmaster went to school to learn this
- Legal pages – Privacy, Terms of Service, Disclosure and other pages related to your industry
- Secure payment processor – your customers want to be sure that their credit card security is safe
- Google maps to show customers your location
- Contact form – so customers can contact you by email
- Chat option if your company wants Live Chat
- Images and graphics that are not copyrighted and safe from fines
- Designed for fast loading time
- Designed for compatibility with smart phones; not all websites function well or look great on smart phones
Are you overwhelmed by the idea of starting a blog? Let us help you. Check out our website design and blogging packages to see how easy and affordable it can be!
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out these others:
The 10 Most Watched Ads on YouTube in 2015
8 Creative Ways You Can Improve Your Facebook Results
How to Apply the 80/20 Rule to Your Business
FREE: How to Use Google+ to Advertise Your Business
4 Simple Ways To Get Your Company Found On The Web
Don’t Try Contacting New Prospects Without Reading These Tips First
4 Marketing Stunts That Captured our Imaginations
If You Don’t Update Your Website Now, You’ll Hate Yourself Later
4 Social Media Goals That Can Supercharge Your Business
How to Target Large Clients with Little to No Money
5 Tips for Successful Business Networking
Is There Still Gold in Cold Calling?
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Do you need help growing your business? Click here to check out the social media marketing and website design packages from The Sherwood Group. We’ll help you capture new business and achieve your goals.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?
There are no comments yet, but you can be the first