Should you bother with smaller social media sites? If your brand is geared to a particular niche market, using a certain smaller social media network can help attract new customers. Sometimes on larger social media platforms your brand can get lost in the “noise” and you won’t always target your desired audience.
Finding the right social media network is more important than just having an online social presence.
By now, many businesses are aware of the usefulness of hashtags, but there is one smaller social network that is completely built around this tool called Tagstr.co. Here are some key features of this smaller social network:
- The focus of this platform is uploading and sharing content –including images and video — which you then tag in order to appeal to people with specific passions and interests.
- One of the main things that sets this social network apart is that you don’t have to follow people or be friends with them in order to keep up with their content. Instead you connect with people based on specific topics.
- This platform is a great opportunity for businesses to connect with many new potential customers. By tagging your content, you specifically target people who might be interested in your brand, rather than just hoping your brand interests people via social media who you are already connected to.
Are you overwhelmed by all the different options for promoting your business? Check out our packages for websites and social media marketing!
Businesses are also often already conscious of the fact that providing useful content is essential in social networking. One great method is answering questions that people may have. Spring.me is a social media platform that allows you to just that. Here are some key features of this specific social network:
- By being informative, you can present your brand as an authority on a subject. As a go to reference, people will learn to trust your business and see it as having value.
The social network also has traditional elements such as sharing multimedia and private messaging. It also allows for you to integrate your questions and answers via chats as well.
- Spring.me is particularly popular with a younger demographic so it can be a great social media site if you want to appeal to this audience.
These are just two social networks that you may not have heard of, but there are literally hundreds out there that may appeal to your targeted audience.
- The key to finding the right social network is figuring out who your customers are and where they network online. Searching online for a social network is one way to start getting connected, but asking your customer base what platforms they use is also helpful.
Whatever smaller social media network you choose to use, engaging your customer is essential for building your brand. Contact us for more information on what social network is best for your business.
If you enjoyed this article, you may also want to check out these others:
Going From a Small Business to a Corporate Career? (Top Job Hunting Tips)
Should You Optimize Your Website So It’s Mobile Ready?
Social Media: 5 Ways To Sell Without Looking Like You’re Selling
5 Simple Ways To Improve Word-Of-Mouth About Your Business
15 Website Mistakes You Should Avoid (Part 1)
Is There Still Gold in Cold Calling?
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Do you need help growing your business? Click here to check out the social media marketing and website design packages from The Sherwood Group. We’ll help you capture new business and achieve your goals.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?
There are no comments yet, but you can be the first