One way to grow your business is to learn how to delegate. There are many reasons to accept help, although it can be challenging. Bottom line, one person cannot do everything and do it all well. Instead, you should accept help and focus on the things that you best.
Here are some tips to help you learn to delegate.
- Start with a single task at a time. This might be easier than letting go of trying to accept a lot of help. Start with paperwork or writing your blog.
- Pick someone that you trust to do them. Maybe a family member or trusted friend is good at something. Though many people warn others about doing business with friends and family, if you are having trouble letting go, this might make it easier. However, once you are able, reach out to others.
- You could also try a local business or someone that you can meet in person. If you are having trouble trusting an online business or a virtual assistant, look locally. You might just find someone close to you who can you can work with. Many people enjoy working with someone when they can see them regularly.
- Support other small businesses and do not be afraid to ask for help. There are many small businesses that specialize in anything from blogging to social media marketing, book keeping, and much more. Find someone who really knows what they are doing and they will do a good job.
- Instead of worrying about accepting help, focus on making money during your extra time. Maybe you only have an extra hour a week but make it count. See how much extra money that you can make. Spend that time doing what you love instead of the tasks that you did not enjoy. Remember to enjoy your business again.
Though it can be hard to let go, start small and soon you will notice how much more you can accomplish with a little extra time. You might find yourself delegating more and more until you are only doing things that bring you the most money. You will find your business growing in ways that you never expected. That is a sign of a successful small business.
A Final Note: To help your company to more easily “get found” on the web, Will Sherwood, CEO of The Sherwood Group, offers a 4 hour phone consultation package for $900.00 discounted to $750.00 when paid in advance.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out these others:
7 Steps to Help Your Business “Get Found” on the Web
5 Social Networks to Watch in 2015
How to Avoid Wasting Time with Facebook and E-mail
15 Website Mistakes You Should Avoid (Part 1)
Four Clients You Should Fire Immediately
How To Claim Your Google Local Business Listing
Tips for Working at Home (Part 1)
Are You Charging Enough for Your Services?
How to Make Social Media Marketing Work for Your Business
Is There Still Gold in Cold Calling
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?