The number one reason for having a professional website is that it becomes an extension of your business, and will be getting new business for you 24/7, even while you sleep.
Rather than opening up a second branch or store, a well-designed website will serve nicely as a second place of business, a storefront in cyber space. There is no better way to access the vast numbers of people that visit the internet during a typical day looking for answers to their questions.
Your website also makes it easier for your customer’s to find you and your solutions to their problems. The internet is probably the first step most of us will take in our search for a supplier or vendor. Even in the middle of the night, when most office phones are silent, you can find the information you need and a way to follow-up during normal business hours.
These are six areas where you can focus your efforts to insure that your website is serving the needs of your customer or your business.
- Optimize, especially for mobile devices, will lead to a frustrated customer who will quickly move on to a site that looks good and functions smoothly on their mobile device.
- Building your own website may seem like a good way to save money but the potential for missed sales, if the customer feels “lost” visiting your website, is not worth the trade-off.
- Grabbing and holding their attention is the best way to gain an internet customer looking for information. Enlist a few friends or colleagues to run a test when you are ready to take the website live and get some honest opinions. Take that information to your website designer.
- Go find your customers because waiting for customers to come visit your website is time you could be spending using very specific methods that will work to increase conversation and drive traffic.
- Advertise on social media.
This article is published by Will Sherwood | The Sherwood Group |Website Design | Graphic Design | Marketing Communications: The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
Do you need help growing your business? Click here to check out the social media marketing and website design packages from The Sherwood Group. We’ll help you capture new business and achieve your goals.
“Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?
There are no comments yet, but you can be the first