Is It Professional To Text Clients? Since we live in a world of smart phones and texting, the debate is on as to whether or not texting clients belongs in the business world. Many wonder if it is professional.
More and more clients are preferring texting to other forms of communication. This is leading business owners and employees to figure out the best way to text their clients without breaking proper etiquette.
Here are 5 tips for texting clients properly:
- Only use text if that is their preferred way of contact. Be sure to ask all of your clients the way that they would prefer to be contacted. If they want to be contacted by text, then it is fine to text them when you need to reach them.
- Only use text messages for short messages. If you need to talk to a client and it is going to take quite a few messages back and forth, it is probably going to be a lot easier to make a phone call.
- Do not use any shorthand abbreviations. When texting, you should never use any abbreviations, such as LOL, BFF, or anything similar. These are not considered professional at all.
- Always use full sentences with professional text messages. You should always use capital letters and punctuation when sending professional text messages.
- Always double-check your text before you send it, especially if you are using the voice-to-text feature. One misspelling can make a big difference in a text so be sure to double-check your texts before you send them. The voice-to-text can be wonderful but it can also make a lot of mistakes.
As a business owner, you want to be available to your clients and many will prefer to text you. However, you are going to have to make sure that your texts are professionally written in sentences and no abbreviations. You also need to double-check them before sending them so you don’t make any careless mistakes. It is still an important communication between you and your client, no matter how informal it may seem.
If you enjoyed this post, you may also want to check out these others:
15 Website Mistakes You Should Avoid (Part 1)
3 Steps to Successfully Screen Freelancers, Partners and Contractors
5 Tips for Successful Business networking
Simple & Easy Marketing Ideas That Work
Five Tips For Successful Business Networking
How To Build Better Customer Relationships
How Graphic Design Can Increase Your Bottom Line
Three Reasons You Should Be Using Email Marketing
Blogging: The Google Way to Succeed
5 Simple Ways To Improve Word-Of-Mouth About Your Business
Is There Still Gold in Cold Calling?
This article is published by The Sherwood Group: Creative Agency, Graphic Design, Web Design:
The Sherwood Group has over 30 years of experience working with all sorts of companies, small and large. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 firms, in nearly every business sector, from across the street to around the world (and yes, even Europe, China, and South America). Our goal is to create advertising, graphic design, website design, and marketing communication that still looks fresh and relevant 10-15 years later. Our mission is to stir your imagination and leave your competition shaken and wondering, Now what do we do?” We are located in Livingston, Texas.
”Like” us and/or “Follow” us at these social media sites and we’ll return the favor:
Please comment. We’d like to know if you found this article informative or helpful?